Blueberry-Lemon Muffins



We picked up some organic blueberries at our local farmers market last weekend so I wanted to find a new recipe to try. I ran across this recipe for Blueberry-Lemon-Cinnamon Muffins on the Food.com website. I love the way they give you the option to change the quantity and it automatically adjusts the recipe for you, brilliant!

I'm not sure if I did something wrong (wouldn't surprise anyone) or maybe my baking powder was too old, but I wasn't thrilled with the texture of the finished muffins. I was hoping the cake would be fluffier. They still tasted pretty good so I think I will try this recipe again!


Ingredients:
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil or corn oil
1 large egg
2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 tsp ground cinnamon

Directions:
Heat oven to 400 degrees
Spray muffin pans with cooking spray or line with paper cups
In a large bowl beat milk, oil, lemon juice and egg until well mixed, set aside
In another large bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until well mixed.
Combine the two bowls and mix until moist, then fold the blueberries into the mix.
Fill the muffin cups with the batter, then sprinkle the ground cinnamon on top of each muffin.
Bake 20-25 minutes or until the the tops are golden brown
Let cool before serving with a pat of room temperature butter.

Makes about 9 to 12 muffins



1 comment:

Thank you for your comments!