Charger Chili



With ingredients like this laying around, I was inspired to make chili.

But Mark went to the Charger game. I was on my own.

This is what I threw in the pot:

1 lb. ground beef
1 large onion
3 cloves garlic
2 tomatoes
1 jalapeno pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 ancho chili pepper
1 can kidney beans
1 can black beans
1 can tomato sauce
1 can tomato paste
1 bottle dark beer (I chose Stone IPA Ale)
1 Tbsp. Oregano
1 Tbsp. Basil
2 tsp. Cumin1 tbsp. *(more or less) chili flakes
2 tsp. *(more or less) chili pepper
salt and pepper to taste

* This is where Marks experience comes in handy. In his absence, I WAY over spiced this dish. I like it hot, but not this HOT! It turned out inedible, way too spicy. What to do?

The next day, Mark simply added a can of diced tomatoes and some diced parsley. Presto! It is almost perfect!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!