Mostaccioli- From Arizona!
This here is a guest post recipe from some special people to me. My Aunt Donna and Uncle Joe, or Papa Joe, as he is widely known as, sent me this recipe to share with you.
They have a bunch of kids, (I have a lot of cousins) and a bunch of grand kids, so they make this Italian casserole a lot!
I haven't made it yet, but I am sure you will agree that their photo above looks amazing! I love casseroles that can feed an army, warm your soul, fill you up, AND tastes incredible!
Some call it Fall, I call it Casserole Season!
Straight from Aunt Donna; "Here's the recipe Tiffany, but I don't know how much of each ingredient. It's just to your taste and depends on how many people you cook it for! LOL" (you gotta love her!).
Cooked Mostocciolii pasta, drained
Fresh garlic, chopped
Canned diced tomatoes, juice and all
Mozerrella cheese, shredded
Cheddar cheese, shredded
Salt, if you want
Bell pepper, chopped
- Season hamburger while cooking with garlic and other seasonings.
- Layer hamburger, pasta and canned tomatoes. Then a layer of cheeses.
- Continue layers till all is used.
- Cover with foil, and bake at 350 for about 30 - 45 minutes, use a casserole dish.
- Make several slits in foil for venting. I serve this with salad and garlic bread.