Roasted Salsa

Here is a real easy basic salsa recipe that can be altered, but it works really good just the way it is! You could add a little more spice, but when sharing with a large crowd, but we found that it is usually better to keep it on the mild side.

We wrote this recipe using the indoor broiling method, but you could easily throw it all on the grill to add a little extra smokey flavor.

Ingredients:
8 Roma (plum) tomatoes
3 cloves garlic, unpeeled
1 small onion, quartered
2 jalapeno chili peppers
1-1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Directions:
Preheat the broiler.
On a baking sheet lined with foil, place Roma tomatoes, garlic, onion and jalapeno peppers, drizzle with olive oil. Broil for about 5 to 10 minutes or until the outsides of vegetables are lightly charred.
When cooled, remove and discard skins, jalapeno stems and seeds if desired.
Toss all the roasted vegetables into a food processor a few at a time and coarsely chop.
Transfer to a medium bowl and mix in cumin, salt, lime juice and cilantro.
Serve with warm fresh tortilla chips. The salsa will keep for 4 or 5 days in the refrigerator. Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. My boyfriend just saw this and now he wants salsa. This roasted salsa looks fantastic...now I have to go make some :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homemade salsa! Yum! I really like this recipe. It looks just like you get in the restaurants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great recipe! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great twist on salsa. We will be making this tonight! I have all the ingredients sitting on my counter, plucked from our garden yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummm, that sounds and looks great. I just got some tomatoes from my tomato plant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha ok this is my first time on your blog and love the name!!! It's catchy yet hilarious. Unfortunately, my hubby doesn't cook so I have to :(. Great recipe of salsa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! salsa is a big time favorite of mine, I'll have to try this recipe. thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!