Chinese Chicken Salad


This is a salad recipe that I threw together myself. I usually make and bring my lunch to work and it usually consists of leftovers of one of Marks fabulous meals.

Whenever we grill up some chicken we always cook an extra breast. There are a million ways to use chicken, this is just one....

All amounts are approximate

Mix together;

2 cups chopped cooked chicken
3 cups shredded cabbage
3 stocks celery, chopped
1 cup broccoli tops
1/2 cup cilantro
1/4 cup onion (I used green)
1/2 red bell pepper, diced

~Dressing~

In a separate bowl, mix together

1/2 cup rice vinegar
3 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. honey
2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tsp. fresh ginger
2 tsp. horseradish
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
salt & pepper to taste

Mix dressing with all chopped ingredients, cover and refrigerate overnight. I didn't have any on hand, but I thought some sliced almonds would be good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!